Little Luke "Skywalker"

Monday, September 12, 2005

OMG!! Blood!!!

Last Sunday, our family was watching TV as usual in the living room. We had a few pillows and a mattress on the floor. Those stuff are meant for Little Skywalker for napping or sleeping when his parents are not ready to go to bed yet. J will also lie down together with him and breastfeed him before he goes ZZZZzzzz...

Little Skywalker was kinda bored watching some sports event on TV and he decided to walk around the house (as usual). I kept an eye on him and the other eye on the TV while J was doing something in the kitchen (or bathroom). Out of a sudden, he tripped himself over a pillow and hit his face on the floor. OMG!! I freaked out!!

Little Skywalker normally bumps his head against the wall, floor, stairs, bedside etc. when he is doing his drunkard walking style. He also loves to walk over something like pillow, toys, slippers etc. and got tripped by them. However, this is the first time he hit his face on the floor (normally he will kena from side or behind his head). I hurried to carry him up and try to calm him down from his yelling and crying. I also tried to check for any bruises or blood on his cute little face but couldn't see any.

Meanwhile, J heard the yelling and came to my rescue. She help to nurse him to calmness and wanted to breastfeed him. Suddenly, she told me that Little Skywalker is bleeding. I checked the little guy out and saw that her teeth are covered in blood. J tried to wipe away some of the blood with her shirt. I went to the freezer to get some ice to stop the bleeding.

By this time, Little Skywalker was very calm and stop crying already. As I tried to put the small piece of ice into his mouth where I suspect the bleeding is (inside the lips). Our son grab hold of the ice and started sucking on it. He is getting the hang of ice-sucking already. I slowly guided his hand in order to place the ice near the bleeding area and he willingly obliged. Good to see him finally following instruction for a start.

After the ice melted totally, he had stopped bleeding. I tried to use a cloth to check where the bleeding came from. I found out it was some where behind his front-upper teeth. I guess the fall impacted his rabbit-teeth more than his lips (no sign of bruising on his lips). J and I kissed him all over after he dose off for his nap...

For me and J, we need to pay more close attention on the little guy to prevent him from bleeding anymore precious blood. We also hope he won't fall down and hit his head that often until it poses injury to his brain. I believe God is always there to help the landing in Little Skywalker every fall. Or else I don't think he will still be able to think clearly by now...

Another experience to keep in mind as well as to forget...

Jotted down by Egghead :: at around 9/12/2005 03:30:00 PM :: and invited 5 Blah(s):


5 Blah(s) by: Anonymous Anonymous, Blogger Mumsgather, Blogger Egghead, Blogger Papi, Blogger Egghead,

Blah Something...

Share