Little Luke "Skywalker"

Friday, September 09, 2005

A Day As SAHD - Part 1

As you might notice, there was no update on my Little Skywalker's blog yesterday. I was on leave yesterday due to Little Skywalker's babysitter (my parents) absence from their active duties. A relative of our family passed away (God bless his soul) and they went back to Sungai Siput to attend the funeral.

J did not have much annual leave left and I have quite a bit left, so I volunteered to be a SAHD for a full day. This is a first for me because I have only managed half day (Saturday when J is at work) for the past. J managed to prepare some porridge (in slow cooker) and her milk in a bottle for Little Skywalker the night before so I don't have to go milk a cow for them.

Our morning started when Little Skywalker woke me up around 8.30am. I checked his temperature just to confirm that he is not having fever anymore. It read 37.3! I was so relieved and call to tell J about it. However, he was not happy to find that his mother's nipple mother was missing, so he gave me his usual 扁嘴 "flat mouth" look and look as if going to cry. In the nick of time, I managed to get hold of my handphone and started playing the ringtones that he loved so much. He got hooked on it instantly and managed to change from "flat mouth" look to smiley face. Yeah! (Egghead 1 - Little Skywalker - 0)

Oh yeah... I forgot to mention that my 12-years old brother was here to spend a night because he did not want to follow my parents for the funeral (who does?). Actually he just finished his UPSR on Wednesday and was here for the PS2! He was already on it since 7am when J woke up for work.

I brought Little Skywalker down to the living room so that he can stare at the TV where the games are on. He started to kacau my brother instead of me now. He was pulling on his joystick wire and interrupting his play all the time. I also gave my wallet to the little guy later so that my brother can continue with his PS2. He had fun sorting out my coins. I had my quick breakfast (a "gon lou mee" J bought and don't even have time for tea) and fed Little Skywalker some digestive biscuits and Honeystars (his favourite).

After his "breakfast", I decided to bring him to the playground behind our house since I fail to bring him there every weekend due to various "unforeseen" circumstances (most of them plain lazy). The weather was quite cloudy although it was already 10am. My brother followed us because he wanted to play some basketball. The three of us went to the playground and there was no one there, we had the whole playground to ourselves.

We started shooting some hoops while Little Skywalker watched and chased after the ball. He was quite confused about what we were doing actually. Whenever he approached the ball, he would just pick it up and let it go again. I figure that was his unique way of dribble.

After about 10 minutes, I left my brother playing on the basketball court and walked Little Skywalker to the children playground. One problem walking him was that he always stop to pick up stuff especially rubbish. Sigh! Why do civilized people still throw rubbish around a playground? Not as if there are not rubbish bins around!! Ugly Malaysians at work again...

I didn't manage to take any photos while we were at the children playground because I need to hold on to Little Skywalker on every ride (too cautious?). We started on the swings as usual and this time he can choose from any of the four that was available. Normally we had to wait for someone else to finish enjoying themselves before Little Skywalker gets a chance. He enjoyed the swings so much that he was shouting and laughing so loud until the guards nearby could hear. Sadly, apart from the swings, he cannot play on other equipments that was around because most of them are either wet or need the supervision of at least two adults. So we went straight home after he got bored of the swings.

I bath Little Skywalker as soon as he is back at home, before he starts to yawn that is. He is quite fun when he is having his bath. We would give him his toothbrush and he would play with it throughout his bath while I scrub off all the contamination from his body. After his bath and a set of new clothing, I can see that he is showing signs of fatigue and sleepy. I gave him a small bottle of J's milk and managed to nurse him to sleep with the song of "Twinkle twinkle little star".

To be continued...

Jotted down by Egghead :: at around 9/09/2005 02:00:00 PM :: and invited 5 Blah(s):


5 Blah(s) by: Anonymous Anonymous, Blogger Egghead, Blogger Egghead, Blogger Egghead, Blogger Egghead,

Blah Something...

Share