Little Luke "Skywalker"

Friday, May 26, 2006

Feverish Talk

I was getting my free lunch from James at one of his favourite "Pan Mee" stall near Lorong Haji Taib. Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to sit in his new Sweet Chariot as I hoped (apparently Mae is the one driving it, not him *Aiks). He drove his Magic Carpet instead.

Towards the end of our lunch, I received a call from my father. He told me that Little Skywalker was running a fever (about 38.8 degrees). Since my mother is not around, he asked if I could go back and maybe take the little one to a clinic. Coincidently, my phone's battery was running low. However, I am still able to tell J about it.

After getting back to the office, I decided to take the rest of the day off and drove home. Little Skywalker was asleep when I arrived. I checked his temperature (without the thermometer) and thought that his fever was not that high. After he woke up, I gave him some syrup paracetamol. Thanks to the kind souls at the pharmaceutical companies for making the medicine taste so good that he wanted more after getting one tea spoon.

After his medication, I switched on his Wiggles and cradled him to sleep again since he looked tired. The fever must have stimulated part of his brain that controlled his speech as he sang along with the songs continuously. Normally he is quite reluctant to sing along in front of us (too shy maybe?), but he does sing when he is left alone. Yesterday's behavior was totally out of the ordinary!

Little Skywalker talking skills is already way ahead for kids his age. With his fever, he became even more talkative! He was blabbing non-stop at home, before bed, middle of the night, this morning when he woke up. He asked me repeatedly this morning "什么声音来的?" (what's that sound?). God knows what he heard. I am sure he is still talking non-stop now at my parents as he still has a little temperature left to sweat it out.

Talk about sweating, Little Skywalker really sweats a lot each time after taking his medication. I think he must have changed at least 3 shirts throughout the night in order to escape a cold from his wet shirts. You can see hundreds of water droplets on his hair when he is asleep! After all his sweating, his temperature will return to normal very quickly. That's definitely a good thing for us as parents, right?

Jotted down by Egghead :: at around 5/26/2006 08:45:00 AM :: and invited 20 Blah(s):


20 Blah(s) by: Blogger Jason Lioh, Blogger Jess, Blogger jazzmint, Blogger geeth, Blogger LHS, Blogger Mumsgather, Blogger domesticgoddess, Blogger ZMM, Anonymous Anonymous, Blogger Tracy, Blogger shoppingmum, Anonymous Anonymous, Blogger King's wife, Blogger 1+2mom, Blogger Greenapple, Blogger MayY . C 五月媽媽, Blogger Sue, Blogger Allyfeel, Blogger lisaOne, Blogger Egghead,

Blah Something...

Share