Little Luke "Skywalker"

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Shocked!

As we were watching "Everybody Loves Raymond" on DVDs yesterday, Little Skywalker was happily strolling about the house looking for new "stuff" to play with. J and I will not chase after him unless he went somewhere out of sight or climbed up the staircase. We think a little bit of controlled freedom will be better for him. Or else he will feel like a prisoner at his own house as compared to my parents'.

Suddenly (as you might have seen it coming), he was walking towards J in tears, with both his hands up held high in the air. I was still in the dark on what happened as he was playing in the living room, 1-2 meters away from where I lie down sat. As I was looking for insects that might have bitten him, J told me that he might had electrocuted himself on the fingers, as his left index finger was red (not so clear in photo).

Don't be too surprised, as he loves to play with switches. However, we are not stupid enough to let him stick his fingers into one. He actually got a tiny dose of electrical shock from the electric racket thingy that I bought when I declared an all out war against mosquitoes a month ago. He must have pressed the button while having one of his finger on the "net" and stung himself.

You'd also be surprise this is not his first time getting shock treatment from the weapon against mosquitoes. He kena before some time ago at my parents' place. I guess he must have forgotten about it already. He was showing us his fingers (since he can't figure out which one) and cursing mumbling something continuously while we had to blow and kiss the tip of his index finger (like a KING!). He also kept pointing to the culprit "weapon" that caused him cry out loud. Maybe he was hinting to us that we should get rid of it or have it under the guillotine!

It was partly my fault as I left the "weapon" on the cushion so that I can reach it easily once I spot any blood suckers flying about. Normally I would have left it at a higher place that is not accessible to Little Skywalker, but I was in a hunting mode and was waiting for those suckers to reappear again after they disappeared from my sight when I went looking for the "weapon.

Lesson learnt... for Little Skywalker and his dumb parent!

Jotted down by Egghead :: at around 10/20/2005 08:54:00 AM :: and invited 13 Blah(s):


13 Blah(s) by: Blogger Sue, Blogger Lazymama, Blogger ZMM, Blogger domesticgoddess, Anonymous Anonymous, Blogger Jason Lioh, Anonymous Anonymous, Blogger Unknown, Anonymous Anonymous, Blogger jazzmint, Blogger shiaulin, Blogger Peek@BoOoh, Blogger Egghead,

Blah Something...

Share