Little Luke "Skywalker"

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Sometimes Lightning Do Strikes Twice..

It is just unbelievable!! Is only been four days since my last freak ancident at NKVE, and yet, it happened again yesterday evening.

I was driving home from my office during the evening rush hour along Jalan Pahang to Jalan Mahangmeru. Me and everyone else were stuck in a bumper to bumper jam as usual. My usual radio station (MyFM) will not be giving me the DHL sponsored traffic information for another 20 minutes.

I was crawling (moving 1-2 meters at a time) up the second flyover and "BANG!". It just happened out of the clear blue sky! Someone just hit me from behind with a Kelisa! The impact I felt in the car was tremendous. It reminded me of another idiot who hit me from behind (Yes, also when I was driving along a jam-pack road) earlier this year.

I was thinking that the impact must have taken down my newly installed, three days old, RM180 bumper. Both of us stopped for a moment, and I signaled him to drive down the flyover before we stopped (I hate those morons who stop anywhere after an accident) at the roadside near the UMNO building. I went down and check out the damage to my car.

To my surprise, my bumper was still intact albeit slightly loosen and tilted downwards. However, the metal that is linked to my boot cover was slightly dented like a wide letter "V". I felt so lucky that I didn't installed a "fake" bumper that will cost me RM80 bugs less few days ago because the mechanic told me those "fake" ones will crack on slight impact while the original ones will only be dented.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about the perpetrator’s car. His Kelisa was quite badly damage inside. From the outside, I can see that his number plate was gone, bumper badly dented, even his bonnet cover suffered a full blow. The worst thing is that his car started leaking some red fluid (I presume is fuel) heavily. Obviously his car will not be able to move further without a tow-truck.

Both of us got into a light discussion. He is a kind looking Malay guy (probably in his early 30s) and wearing long sleeves office attire like me. I only assume that he works some government department. He is quite soft-spoken and obviously suffered some mental shockwave after the incident. Out of sympathy for the guy, I've decided to let him off the hook from paying my repair bill (which I think might cost around RM80 from my last experience). I told him to settle himself down and try calling a tow-truck. After that, I continued my journey to fetch J.

I called J once I got into my car and informed her about my misfortune and how unlucky she is to be married to a husband like me. As usual, she made sure I was alright and asked me to drive carefully (although the accident was 100% not my fault).

We went to a repair workshop and asked the mechanic to assess the damage repair. They had problem opening up the boot cover because of the dent caused by the impact. After 20 minutes of careful assessment, he told me it will cost RM180 (OMG!) to repair all of the damage as well as prevent any water leaking into my boot area.

A BIG SIGH!

Maybe is my destiny or is just that my new bumper is a bumper magnet. Anyhow, I've decided to ask for a second opinion today just for a price comparison before I make a decision on which shop to go for. J will be driving my car to another workshop that manage all her company's vehicles. Hopefully she can get a better pricing than RM180.

I am only keeping my fingers crossed now in the hope that my series of unfortunate events will end after this. This weekend's Genting vacation is certainly going to help my family forgive and forget the accidents that happened the past few days.

Please remember us in your prayers..

p/s: I think everyone (myself included) should get a hold the number of Dr Liew and his mob-squad just in case.. also you can email me for my car plate number in case you wanna get luck :P

Jotted down by Egghead :: at around 8/25/2005 12:59:00 PM :: and invited 5 Blah(s):


5 Blah(s) by: Blogger Jason Lioh, Anonymous Anonymous, Anonymous Anonymous, Blogger Egghead, Blogger dayalan86,

Blah Something...

Share