Little Luke "Skywalker"

Monday, August 22, 2005

"Highway Robbery" At NKVE

It was a highway robbery for me last weekend at NKVE!

I was driving with my brother's car behind me around 11pm, on our way back from a dinner my brother threw in Klang. When I arrive under a flyover between Subang and Damansara, I could see some pieces of stuff scattering all over the highway road. At first I thought those were plastic stuff from a car accident or something. It was not until a car in front of me got his tyre over one of the piece and it went up flipping in the air for a few seconds and drop back on the road that I realise those were metal stuff.

I was driving about 80-90km/h and trying to avoid the metal scraps on the road. Unfortunately, I missed one (damn that one) and it got caught in my left-rear tyre and launched off the back of my car, and managed to take my whole rear bumper along with it. When it happened, J and I only heard a loud sound as if some metal hitting against the bottom of my car.

We thought it was just that until we sense that one of my tyre was going flat and started getting bumpy. I stopped the car at the side and went down to check on my tyre. I was damn shocked to see my bumper missing totally with some of the wires (presumably tied to the reverse sensor) left tangling at the back of my car.

Another shocking revelation came to me when my brother (who also stopped his car) told me that my bumper actually hit his car and left a small black rubber taint on his bonnet. He thought I've hit someone's bumper off. It was not until he saw my car's ass that he realised that the bumper belongs to me!

Anyhow, both of us managed to replace my flat tyre within 15 minutes and got on our journey home. When my parents were told later (by my brother) about the incident My parents told him that we could actually called the number printed on the NKVE ticket and someone will come and change my tyre for us and even tow us if necessary for FREE! They've been in a situation before along the PLUS NS highway in their Pajero and got one of the tyre punctured. Trust me, you do not want to change a Pajero's tyre alone.

No offence to the highway patrols, but I think I can manage to replace a tyre. But is good to know that the highway patrols are ready to help in the case of an accident. At least I know my toll money had contributed to something that is beneficial to my family. So KUDOS to PLUS highway patrol! My parents even bother to call up the NKVE people to tell them about the scattered debris along that area since they know I am totally not in a mood to do that.

And guess what? The damage cost me a neck-slashing price tag of RM474. The price includes replacing a pair of new tyre (Dunlop imported) - RM135 each, four wheel balancing - RM24 and one original bumper - RM180. I still need to go and purchase a new set of reverse sensor later. Sigh!

I only wonder if PLUS will agree to pay for my damage??

Jotted down by Egghead :: at around 8/22/2005 11:40:00 AM :: and invited 5 Blah(s):


5 Blah(s) by: Blogger Jason Lioh, Blogger ykphuah, Blogger Egghead, Blogger Loc Kee, Blogger Egghead,

Blah Something...

Share