Little Luke "Skywalker"

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Got Already Ah?

Got a late phone call from one of my "girlfriend"(let's refer her as D) whose wedding I attended during my last December Wedding Tour. It went something exactly like this...

D: Hei!
E: Wei! Chinese New Year already over liao lor!
D: Yeah! Sorry about that. Want to tell you something leh!
E: What? Got already ah?
D: Yeah yeah!
E: Hahaha! So, what's the big news?
D: Huh? Told you lah!
E: What? Really got already ah?
D: Didn't you notice I answer yeah yeah?
E: I was just kidding leh! Didn't know "open mouth kena" (开口中)!
D: Yeah lor... thanks to your mouth!
E: So how?
D: Just went to Gleneagles for my first check-up! Quite expensive
leh!
E: Is like that one lor! First check-up often cost higher gua...
D: You know any better hospital?
(is another 10 minutes of blah blah blah from here on...)

The rest of our conversations centered around which hospital D preferred to go for her check-up as well as delivery her baby. It was such a freakish co-incidence that Michelle and I were just involved in a lengthy debate on whether private or public hospitals are better for delivering a baby. Well, I do not want to go down that particular path again, but suffice to say, the debate did not end in a consensus note.

I did not recommend D to any particular hospital nor did I side with any O&G doctor. However, I did inform her that 90% of all mummies tend to think that their O&G doctor is the best (provided there was no untoward incidents). My advice to her is to only to pick a hospital that is closer to her home because her baby might not be "punctual". It's better to rush to a hospital that already has your medical records in hand than a hospital that doesn't. Another important thing is that she has to be comfortable with the O&G doctor that is attending to her (as she mentioned that she is not comfortable with a guy checking her out).

So, eight months from now, Little Skywalker will have another playmate (I am betting is a girl based on their family records). Hopefully they would get along well like their parents.

Jotted down by Egghead :: at around 2/21/2006 08:40:00 AM :: and invited 19 Blah(s):


19 Blah(s) by: Blogger Oscar's Mommy, Blogger Jess, Blogger Loc Kee, Blogger VP, Blogger Allyfeel, Blogger lisaOne, Blogger ZMM, Blogger jazzmint, Blogger shoppingmum, Blogger geeth, Blogger Tracy, Blogger Mumsgather, Blogger Ricket, Anonymous Anonymous, Blogger mama2jojo, Blogger Contented Mum, Blogger Babysmooches, Anonymous Anonymous, Blogger Egghead,

Blah Something...

Share