Little Luke "Skywalker"

Monday, September 19, 2005

You Are My Sunshine...

Remember this song that our parents sang to us when we were kids?
You Are My Sunshine
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away.

When I sang over 50 times to Little Skywalker while trying to nurse the sick (fever of over 39 degrees since Saturday midnight) and restless little guy to sleep, it meant more or less like this:
You Are My Baby
My only baby.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
(God) please don't take my baby away.

There were just so much thoughts going up my head, most of them are plain paranoia, others were just plain stupid. J and I were so worried, we kept tapping his body with water, hoping to put the "fire" out. He couldn't sleep and was restless as he cried all night, sometimes even violently. I act as a "musical cradle" to him for almost half an hour before he started to calm down and close his eyes.

Throughout the night, both of us did not get much sleep. J woke up and measured our son's temperature and it was over 39 degrees again. We continued tap his body with water, and feeding him medicine every four hours as advised by our pediatrician, who was kind enough to pick up our call even though she lives in JB and it was late into the night.

This morning, we could hardly wake up due to the stress whole night long. Little Skywalker's temperature came down quite a bit, but there is still a bit of heat on his forehead. We decided not to bring him to the clinic first, and continue to monitor his fever for another day. Although some may argue is due to his teething condition, but this time his fever was higher than the last one and it stretches for more than 24 hours.

For me, I just hope that all his teeth can pop out at one time and get it over with. Or else, his parents will be admitted into the hospital before half his teeth are out!

May the force be with Little Skywalker...

Jotted down by Egghead :: at around 9/19/2005 10:25:00 AM :: and invited 7 Blah(s):


7 Blah(s) by: Anonymous Anonymous, Blogger Egghead, Anonymous Anonymous, Blogger 5xmom.com, Blogger Egghead, Anonymous Anonymous, Blogger Egghead,

Blah Something...

Share