Little Luke "Skywalker"

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Housemaker or Singer??

Since the past few days, Little Skywalker is started to have an interest in helping out his daddy hanging out the laundry (yeah... I do help out in some house work). J and I will put him in the laundry basket together with the rest of the washed clothing. While J holds on to the basket to prevent our son being tumble over, he will hand out the clothing to me piece by piece. He needed a hand (from J) from time to time when he is trying to pick up a piece of cloth that he is standing on.

Noble intention as it may be, he is working way too hard and too efficient at his job. I just could not keep up with the pace in which he hand those clothes to me. Hence, he will just let off those clothes on his hand even when no one is there to catch it (luckily his father is working his ass off to prevent those white clothes from falling on the porch). So, instead of the normal five to ten minutes that I usually take to hang out the whole basket, Little Skywalker managed to work me down to under five (way to go... boy!)

Come bed time, J and I usually take turn to go to bath so that one of us will watch Little Skywalker. Yesterday night, while I was on my watch, I started to sing to him those few usual kids songs that his mother used to sing to him everyday.

When we came to the "Guest come and visit daddy" (in mandarin of course) song, Little Skywalker began to sing along. Although he can only pronounce a few words in the lyrics correctly (words including "pa pa" and "bu zai jia" - not at home in mandarin), it was really cool. At least now we have a duet, and perhaps a von Trapp singing group if J agrees to re-live her labour experience for at least six more times to form a full choir group.

So folks... what do you think? a housemaker? or a singer?

Jotted down by Egghead :: at around 7/12/2005 01:11:00 PM :: and invited 1 Blah(s):


1 Blah(s) by: Blogger Jason Lioh,

Blah Something...

Share