Little Luke "Skywalker"

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Uniform in Office

Every now and then, I have people coming up to my asking the same question: "Didn't I saw you in this shirt yesterday or the day before?"

Well... to answer future enquiries about my office attire, I might as well blog it here and make reference to this site.

I only have two piece of shirt (collar + long sleeves) to wear to office (one dark blue and one dark red). Since my skin is quite sensitive to most kind of clothing, I wear an additional piece of T-shirt inside to protect myself against itch. I work in a fully air-conditioned office and only walk short distance to lunch (sometimes even lunch place is air-conditioned). Hence, I wear my working shirt twice before I throw them into the machine while my T-shirt is washed everyday.

I got my two "working" shirt from my uncle actually. He used to be in the textile industry before he retired. Hence, he still has some big contacts in the industry. I asked for his help in getting me some "working" attire before I started working (that was about 4-5 years ago). He brought me to one of his friend's factory who is making formal clothing with famous brands such as JohnMaster, Spaceman etc.

I actually browse through their latest samples in order to pick out the ones I like. Since I do not care so much on my clothing (but I do have good fashion sense though :P), I only have one simple and practical selection criteria - the clothes I wear to work should never require any ironing to be done.

My uncle's friend showed me to this "cool" material that is soft and fulfill my requirement. After that, I just picked out the one of each of my favourite colors and voila! My uncle and his friend did not want any payment for the shirts as my uncle still consider my yet to earn much. Hence, they decide to settle it over a game of golf themselves. So up till now, I still didn't know how much they cost.

These two clothes I am wearing now are still the same two clothes that I wore to office everyday without fail (unless my wife, J decided not to do a wash few days in a row) for the past 4-5 years. Since then, I never gotten any "working" clothing. J has been bickering me for years now to buy more of such clothes so that she can stop worrying about me having nothing to wear to work. However, I am still very comfortable with these two. Since they require no ironing and machine-washable, I think J should be thankful instead :P

So for you people out there who are still wondering why do I keep wearing the same old shirt everyday. I have the following reasons to offer:
  • I kept them for sentimental reasons as they are a gift from my uncle (and yes, I do cry when watching sentimental show or movies)
  • I am very comfortable is wearing them and they do not irritates my skin
  • I am a lazy bugger who is too lazy to even pick out a shirt to wear before going to work
  • I kinda like the attention when people come up and start to talk to me, even petty little things like my attire
  • I have a super excuse to offer to J when she pester me to buy her new clothes
  • I hate to spend time and money on anything besides good food, or maybe doing something to help those in need :P

There you go guys... take a lesson from me and get a "uniform"... it will save you a helluva money...

Plus... you'll never know... your boss might think that you are not given enough salary to buy a decent clothings and decided to increase you bonus and increment at the end of the year !!


Jotted down by Egghead :: at around 7/05/2005 10:17:00 AM :: and invited 0 Blah(s):
0 Blah(s) by:

Blah Something...

Share